Business, Operations and Product Sourcer (Contingent)
About the team
OpenAI’s mission is to build safe artificial general intelligence (AGI) which benefits all of humanity. This is a long-term undertaking that brings the world’s best scientists, engineers, and business professionals under one lab, together, to accomplish this.
In pursuit of this mission, our Recruiting team is responsible for finding, assessing, and hiring exceptional talent across various fields and specialties. The team acts as consultative partners to our leaders across the organization, from technical managers up to our CEO, Sam Altman. We’re an established, collaborative team with a balance of structure, process, and ambitious problems to solve for.
About the role
We’re building out the sourcing team at OpenAI! We believe our mission deserves the world’s best talent, and that begins with sourcing.
As a member of the Sourcing team at OpenAI, you’ll have the opportunity to act as a strategic leader and build out org-wide best practices and processes. There is a significant impact opportunity available on our recruiting team for someone who has deep experience sourcing for a wide range of G&A roles, and driving all stages of the front-end candidate funnel. You’ll own hiring manager relationships across the entire organization, identify and engage leading experts in their respective fields, and partner with our recruiters and technical leaders to carefully scale and optimize our teams.
This is a contingent position, and the pay for this role is $86.54/hour, up to 40 hours per week, and benefits will be available including health insurance and time off. We are targeting to onboard in February 2023.
In this role, you will:
- Partner with hiring managers across the business to build and improve recruiting processes and develop customized sourcing strategies for each of your roles
- Build highly targeted searches that deliver candidate profiles with precision
- Craft thoughtful approaches to candidate outreach that will engage even the most passive talent
- Cultivate relationships with high priority targets over the long-term
- Act as the primary touchpoint for candidates from initial outreach until the onsite interview stage, ensuring an exceptional candidate experience throughout
- Utilize non-traditional and creative strategies to discover undervalued talent
- Take a highly organized and data driven approach to candidate tracking and funnel metrics
- Represent OpenAI and engage with candidates at conferences and events
- Effectively lead and contribute to cross-functional projects
Our ideal candidates will have:
- Experience sourcing for non-technical roles such as product design, program management, policy, communications, legal, finance, operations, marketing, etc.
- Demonstrable success in hiring top talent at a premier tech company and/or high growth startup
- Track record of delivering healthy candidate volume across a wide variety of roles simultaneously, while maintaining a high degree of responsiveness and care to each stakeholder and candidate in process
You might thrive in this role if you:
- Are deeply interested in technology and artificial intelligence, and their potential for positive impact on humanity
- Passionate about building and growing relationships
- Connect and relate to a wide range of people, personalities, and values
- Care deeply about building a diverse recruiting pipeline and inclusive work environment
- Have a history of balancing a high volume of open roles with ease
- Learn quickly and adapt well to a constantly evolving environment with shifting priorities