AI/ML Data Engineer - Canada
Why Join Inworld
At Inworld, we’re building the future of immersive experiences. Our mission is to create and inspire new meaningful relationships. We provide a creative suite for building virtual characters, with a focus on gaming, metaverse, and brand experiences. Our goal is to give creators an intuitive and powerful way to create lifelike, engaging, and expressive personalities.
You will be joining a team of creative technologists, scientists, engineers, and designers who are pioneering the use of artificial intelligence for social connection. While other companies are scaling back, we are well capitalized for our next phase of growth.
Inworld was founded in 2021 with around $20M in investment from Kleiner Perkins, CRV, BITKRAFT, VRF, M12 Microsoft’s Venture Fund, and Meta. We were one of six companies selected for the Disney Accelerator. Prominent angels include Twitch Co-Founder, Kevin Lin; Oculus Co-Founder, Nate Mitchell; Animoca Brands Co-Founder, Yat Siu; The Sandbox Co-Founder, Sebastien Borget and NaHCO3, the family office of Riot Games Co-Founder, Marc Merrill.
We are looking to hire an ML/AI Data Engineer, Senior level and higher, to work on designing and implementing data pipelines and data infrastructure that will support the development of high-quality AI characters. If you're passionate about data engineering, AI, and enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, we would love to hear from you.
• Design and implement data pipelines for information retrieval, data processing, and data transformation
• Collect and curate large text and audio datasets
• Develop and maintain data storage, including databases and data warehousing
• Continuously monitor and optimize the performance of the data infrastructure
• BA/BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or a similar technical field
• 3+ year experience in data engineering with a focus on machine learning and AI
• Strong programming skills (Python, Java, or equivalent)
• Expertise in SQL and NoSQL databases
• Familiarity with big data platforms such as Ray, Spark, or others.
• Experience with cloud providers (GCP, Azure, or AWS,) is a plus