Customer Success and Developer Community Lead
- San Francisco
Anthropic’s mission is to create reliable, interpretable, and steerable AI systems. We want AI to be safe for our customers and for society as a whole. As we start onboarding significant numbers of customers, we need to provide them with a delightful on-ramp that gets them engaged in using our AI model via API.
- Set the strategy and define the build-out of Anthropic’s approach to customer success, developer relations, and developer community. Grow a largely automated self-serving infrastructure as well as a team of friendly and knowledgeable customer success employees.
- Become fluent in Anthropic’s API yourself, and use Anthropic’s LLM to automate the more rote parts of customer service and community management work.
- Take charge of the Anthropic Partner Portal, creating a set of instructional material that helps partners with varying levels of technical skill and knowledge of LLMs start using Anthropic’s documentation, API, and developer tools.
- Build out a developer community that enables Anthropic’s customers to learn from each other and share best practices in a persistent way.
- Engage individual customers who are running into challenges at all phases of onboarding and use of Anthropic’s API, and delight them with friendly assistance and rapid response times.
- Attend trade conferences and give talks on Anthropic’s API and developer tools, exciting and energizing developers to explore Anthropic’s offerings.
You may be a good fit if you:
- Have led customer success, customer service, developer relations, or community management programs in the past, or have performed as a senior individual contributor in any of these roles.
- Enjoy building programs from the ground up. You think holistically and can proactively identify the needs of an organization, making key hires or developing new programs as needed. You have demonstrated experience growing a dedicated function and scaling its impact.
- Have enough of a programming background that you can talk authoritatively about Anthropic’s API to developers.
- Are an excellent communicator. You make ambiguous problems clear and identify core principles that can translate across scenarios. You advise leadership and the broader organization on specific customer success and developer community decisions and can communicate long term strategic plans clearly and convincingly.
- Have strong people management skills. You’re an experienced manager with a track record for building high-functioning, cohesive teams. You recruit and mentor individual contributors on your team and related teams.
- Thrive on collaboration and build trust with teams across the organization. You handle sensitive and high-stakes organizational decisions with professionalism and diplomacy. You respectfully influence stakeholders to act on data and insights from your team.
- Think creatively about the risks and benefits of new technologies, and think beyond past checklists and playbooks. You stay up-to-date and informed by taking an active interest in emerging research and industry trends.