Data Annotation Specialist
About Grabango - Who We Are
Our mission is to eliminate lines and save people time. We’re the leading provider of checkout-free technology for large-scale grocery and convenience store chains. Grabango's technology welcomes all shoppers, from all walks of life, using all forms of payment.
Driven by passion to improve peoples’ daily lives, Grabango brings computer vision and machine learning to existing brick-and-mortar stores. Our proprietary platform manages interactions between people and goods. No facial recognition technology is used, and all data is anonymized to protect customer privacy. Shoppers pay through the Grabango app without having to scan their items.
About The Role
The Data Annotation Specialist will join a dynamic team of professionals who support machine learning operations at scale. Prior experience and expertise in data annotation is required. This role requires balancing quick problem solving skills, data analysis and strong communication skills. You will work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment delivering data annotation services for a wide variety of computer vision use cases.
This full-time role reports directly to the Director of Data Annotation.
- You will develop mastery of our internal annotation tools and train others.
- You will interact with the computer vision engineers to help us improve on the design of an efficient labeling interface.
- You will be expected to gain basic computer vision and machine learning knowledge to better understand how the labels are used by our learning algorithms, as this will allow you to make more judgment calls on difficult edge cases that might come up during labeling.
- Daily monitoring and assisting with our current live customer tickets.
- You will perform post-process audits and error analysis.
- You will identify, document and escalate issues as they arise.
- You will devise improvements and help manage change.
- At least 5+ years of overall experience (across disciplines including data annotation, quality assurance, technical customer support and/or other related technology fields)
- Minimum of 2+ years of data annotation experience required
- High technical aptitude.
- Meticulous and detail oriented.
- Strong sense of urgency, ownership and drive.
- Proactive and methodical problem solving skills.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment, learn quickly and be able balance and prioritize shifting business needs.
- Communicate clearly using excellent written and verbal skills.
- Passionate and curious about technology.
- Must be reliable, have good initiative, committed and quality focused.
- Proficient in Google Suite, Slack, Jira is a plus.
- Available to work various shifts and weekends as needed.
Education & Certifications:
- College graduate or High School diploma.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Integrity, Bold Innovation, People Matters, Don’t Live with Broken, Customer Focus, Inclusion, Simplify
Grabango is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to developing a workplace where diversity and inclusion are an essential part of who we are. We strive to hire and support a workforce as diverse as our shopper base, so we can develop products and services that best suit our customers. We do not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status and we comply with all local, state and federal employment laws.
Grabango participates in the E-Verify Program, an internet-based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration. It allows employers to confirm an individual’s employment eligibility to work in the United States.