Stability.ai is a community and mission driven, open-source artificial intelligence company that cares deeply about real-world implications and applications. Our most considerable advances grow from our diversity in working across multiple teams and disciplines. We are unafraid to go against established norms and explore creativity. We are motivated to generate breakthrough ideas and convert them into tangible solutions. Our vibrant communities consist of experts, leaders and partners across the globe who are developing cutting-edge open AI models for Image, Language, Audio, Video, 3D and Biology.
About the role:
We are looking for an Engineering Manager (Platforms) who will lead and manage a team of engineers to build internal and customer facing platforms, systems, APIs and product features. As engineering manager you’ll work closely with a cross functional engineering and programming team to create accountability and clarity and maintain a strong team spirit and culture. You’ll help research and develop new products, build project budgets and oversee the successful execution of projects throughout the year.
- Provide insight and manage all technology related aspects with presentations and communications at senior management and CxO levels
- Work across product, design, business, sales, and marketing teams to bring products to market.
- Deliver on the engineering strategy set by the CIO, CTO, Chief Architect and VP of Product.
- Recruit high-quality engineering talent for the team
- Able to navigate fast moving and unstructured startup environment, and set engineering quality standards for the success of the business, but able to make difficult prioritizations
- Provide feedback to the C Suite on the progress of engineering, state of products and setbacks.
- Manage the engineering organization’s cash flow and oversees important buying and spending decisions around key tools and technologies
- 10+ years in Software Engineering, including 3+ years leading engineering teams
- Manage a cross-functional product team in creation of SaaS applications
- Capable of recruiting new hires, identifying skills gaps and providing growth opportunities for the engineering team.
- Experience in implementing structures around people in the engineering organization, such as establishing processes for promotions and hiring
- Build an empowering engineering culture that delivers high satisfaction and retention rates of key personnel
- Designs clear and measurable performance metrics for the team
- Strong ability to architect and design robust, high-scale systems and to challenge engineers to think bigger and more generically in developing their solutions
- Experience working with major public clouds and with leveraging a wide range of cloud services
- Ideally, good experience with Kubernetes infrastructure at scale
- Ideally, good experience with ML/AI frameworks and infrastructure
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability or other legally protected statuses.