Head of NLP
If you are looking to join a collaborative, open, high impact team of researchers and engineers - this one's for you 👋
You can continue to read or watch the video below (https://share.synthesia.io/49265eeb-5fee-4561-aac6-de69af991306)
About the position
We are looking for a Lead NLP Researcher with a passion for working on cutting edge problems in Natural Language Processing that will support our highly realistic, emotional and life-like synthetic humans through text-to-video. The research will be focused on feature extraction as input to synthetic voice and video avatars.
👩💼 We are a group of more than 30 Engineers in the R&D department and you will have the opportunity to collaborate with multiple research teams across diverse areas, working directly with our founders - Prof. Lourdes Agapito and Prof. Matthias Niessner.
🚀In this position, you'll be working at the heart of a dynamic R&D team solving challenging problems with the focus on exploring new product opportunities and bringing new capabilities to market for synthetic video. This would include:
- Leading the research and development of cutting edge NLP approaches.
- Building the data-sets and metadata required to create multi-lingual language models to drive text understanding and emotion extraction.
- Developing production quality software, our teams work “full stack” with the ability to deliver direct to product and impact the world.
- Taking ownership of the full ML lifecycle from concept, development, testing, validation to deployment.
- Manage and recruit NLP Researchers to expand our NLP capabilities.
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science and Natural Language Processing
- 5+ years of experience the following domains: Sentiment analysis, multi-lingual models, emotion detection/extraction, natural language understanding. Conversational NLP is a plus.
- 3+ years of experience engineering in Python
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience with managing a small team of researchers
- Experience with working in NLP along with synthetic voice and video is a plus
- Experience working with multi-modal data using text, audio, video
- Experience working with state-of-the-art network architectures: transformers, diffusion models
- Proven record of impact working on Natural Language Processing
- Proven track record of publications
- Strong software development skills and experience across the stack: Python, PyTorch, Docker, Git
The good stuff...
💸 You will be compensated well (salary + stock options + bonus)
📍 You will work in a hybrid setting with offices in in London, Amsterdam or Munich
🏝 You get 25 days of annual leave + public holidays in the country where you are based
🥳 You will join an established company culture with regular socials and company retreats
🤩 You get 4 weeks paid sabbatical after 4 years at the company + $10,000!!
🍼 You get a paid parental leave
👉 You can participate in a generous referral scheme
💻 You get a brand new computer of your choice (if that still counts as a benefit in 2022 🤔)
🚀 You will have huge opportunities for your career growth