Machine Learning Engineer - Document & Enterprise AI
Model code and data form the foundation of an AI system. Scale’s leading end-to-end solutions for the ML lifecycle based on real-world data will continue to set the bar for the data-centric AI movement. On the Document AI team, we are focused on building the best information extraction document models for any document in the world.
Your core focus will be on document understanding use cases, specifically around information extraction and form understanding. You will be involved end-to-end from coordinating with operations to create high quality datasets to productionizing models for our customers. If you are excited about shaping the future of the data-centric AI movement, we would love to hear from you!
- Apply state of the art models developed internally and from the community, use them in production to solve problems for our customers and data labelers.
- Work with product and research teams to identify opportunities for improvement in our current product line and for enabling upcoming product lines.
- Work closely with customers - some of the most sophisticated ML organizations in the world - to quickly prototype and build new deep learning models targeted at multi-modal content understanding problems.
Ideally you’d have:
- 2+ years of model training, deployment and maintenance in a production environment.
- Strong skills in NLP and deep learning.
- Solid background in algorithms, data structures, and object-oriented programming.
Nice to haves:
Experience with deep learning with large scale document processing.
Published research in areas of machine learning at major conferences and/or journals.
Experience working with cloud technology stack (eg. AWS or GCP) and developing machine learning models in a cloud environment
Strong programming skills in Python, experience in Tensorflow or PyTorch.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
At Scale, we believe that the transition from traditional software to AI is one of the most important shifts of our time. Our mission is to make that happen faster across every industry, and our team is transforming how machine learning can build innovative products. Our products provide access to human-powered data for hundreds of use cases and are used by industry leaders such as Open AI, Lyft, Meta, GM, Samsung, Airbnb, NVIDIA, and many more. We’ve recently raised $325 million in Series E funding at a valuation of $7B+ and are expanding our team to accelerate the development of AI applications.
We believe that everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work, which is why we are proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability status, gender identity or Veteran status.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.