Software Engineer, Full-Stack
About the team
The Human Data Team is responsible for building a system to manage our AI trainers who teach our models how to behave and solve complex problems. We use data from AI trainers to power alignment with the instruction following models and to train AI to leverage web browsing when answering questions.
This is a brand new team, and we seek to hire the founding members in the roles of Technical Program Manager and Full-Stack Engineers.
About the role
As a Full-Stack Engineer, you will closely collaborate with our world-class research teams to build and deploy powerful AI systems and products that can perform previously impossible tasks and achieve unprecedented levels of performance.
In this role, you will design and develop the tools & dashboards required for a variety of cutting-edge AI research and consumer projects and build flexible infrastructure and intuitive UI experiences.
- Have strong web development skills, creating UI's and user dashboards
- Have some Python experience and using one of Flask/Django/Tornado
- Have experience driving large-scale projects in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment
- Like building general frameworks and infrastructure that could be used for many different projects
- Enjoy fast-paced, collaborative, and cutting-edge research environments
- Are interested in and thoughtful about the impacts of AI technology (see our Charter for examples of our goals) and care deeply about the impact of ML models on people's lives; how to maximize the benefits and mitigate the possible harms.
OpenAI is an AI research and deployment company dedicated to ensuring that general-purpose artificial intelligence benefits all of humanity. We push the boundaries of the capabilities of AI systems and seek to safely deploy them to the world through our products. AI is an extremely powerful tool that must be created with safety and human needs at its core, and to achieve our mission, we must encompass and value the many different perspectives, voices, and experiences that form the full spectrum of humanity.
At OpenAI, we believe artificial intelligence has the potential to help people solve immense global challenges, and we want the upside of AI to be widely shared. Join us in shaping the future of technology.
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Mental health and wellness support
- 401(k) plan with 4% matching
- Unlimited time off and 18+ company holidays per year
- Paid parental leave (20 weeks) and family-planning support
- Annual learning & development stipend ($1,500 per year)
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability or other legally protected statuses. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities, and requests can be made via [email protected].