Staff Accountant | AI Product
Operations & Finance
- Austin, TX
Want to revolutionize Content Creation with AI?
Launched in February 2021, Jasper is an AI content platform that helps creators and companies of all types expand their creative potential. With 100,000 active customers using Jasper to break through writer’s block, repackage their content, create original art, and adjust writing for language and tone. The interest in AI continues to grow and we are at the forefront of teaching the world how to leverage artificial intelligence as a creative partner. We are building teams that will pioneer the content generations space even further.
About the role
Jasper is looking for a Staff Accountant who will play a key role on our our accounting team in a fast-growing company. The role will have the primary responsibility for our monthly close, accounting operations, and other projects as needed. Candidates should have exposure to all aspects of the business to help build and improve processes while ensuring that core accounting functions are operating at a level appropriate for our stage. The ideal candidate will have public accounting experience as well as relevant industry experience.
Our teams are passionate about supporting new employees and growing a divers culture of ideas and collaboration. Our work is about using artificial intelligence to unlock creative potential. We see AI as a partner to creatives that can get them through writer’s block, over hurdles and out of the content hamster wheel. Ai should empower content creators to do their best work and get time and mental space back for new ideas. Our target market is composed of creatives (writers, designers, content marketers) and content-forward companies.
This role can be based remote. We have offices in Austin, TX and Salt Lake City, UT with employees based across the US. We've built a strong foundation to support remote employees engagement with other teams. We have a mix of experience levels and backgrounds, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing, mentoring and career growth.
What you will do at Jasper:
- Ensure an accurate and timely month end close by preparing various journal entries and account reconciliations for cash, prepaids, accruals, inter-company, fixed assets and various other accounts
- Coordinate with other departments to obtain transaction information, research reconciling items, and resolve issues
- Assist and or reconcile bank statements as needed
- Ensure proper accounting policies and principles are followed in accordance with GAAP
- Assist in project implementation of new procedures to enhance the workflow of the department
- Assist with ad-hoc projects and management inquiries
- Work cross functionally with other leaders to scale and operationalize processes
What you will bring to Jasper:
- Bachelor’s and/or higher degree in accounting or finance
- 2+ years professional experience
- Experience in public accounting or software companies
- Must have experience with a large ERP system, Netsuite is a plus
- Detail-oriented, self-directed and able to effectively complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Effective organizational skills and the ability to manage several simultaneous projects under deadline pressure.
- Comfort with ambiguity - you can operate in an environment that evolves at a rapid pace
- Comfort using and implementing a broad range of financial systems
_At Jasper, we believe in pay transparency and are committed to providing our employees and candidates with access to information about our compensation practices. The expected base salary range at offer for this role is $75,000- $87,000. Compensation may vary based on relevant experience, skills, competencies and certifications.
Benefits & Perks
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage beginning on first day for our employees and families (Jasper.ai covers 100% of the premium for employees).
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k) program with company matching,
- Monthly wellness reimbursement and flexible time-off to encourage a healthy work-life balance
- Generous budget for home office set up
- Learning and development opportunities
- Paid parental leave
- Travel perk program
_We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.