Video Editor (Avatar Specialist)
👋 Video Editor!
TL;DR: we're looking for a Video Editor to help with the production and processing of our AI avatars
Role details below 👇 but first, some context about synthetic media.
Why synthetic media matters
All emerging technologies start small and slow. At the beginning, not many notice, and the tech is still clunky.
Then, exponential growth kicks in, and things start to move quickly. All of a sudden, it just works.
That's where we're at with synthetic media:
Over the past 100 years, media production has gone through cycles of innovation that have impacted the way content is produced, distributed and consumed. Synthetic media is the latest paradigm shift in this continuum – and its impact is growing exponentially.
Using AI tools like Synthesia, we can now generate video without cameras or microphones – in minutes. Pretty cool, if you ask us 😎
We believe that the future of media is synthetic, and we're on a mission to make video creation easy for everyone. If this sounds exciting, come and join us.
👉 About this position
We are seeking a Video Editor to join our growing Production Team at Synthesia. This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about video production and wants to work on and learn about the future of video production and generative AI.
In this position, you will be producing AI avatars for our platform, using the data we capture in our cutting edge in-house studio. You will help pre-process large scale video data on a daily basis, doing quality assessment, keying, colouring and de-noising, to get data ready to be parsed through our neural networks. You will contribute to Synthesia's mission by making sure that our clients have access to an ever growing library of AI avatars to use in their videos.
👉 Key Responsibilities
- Edit and assemble footage in DaVinci Resolve
- Maintain a keen eye for visual quality, with a strong attention to detail
- Understand how to handle and correct noisy visual data
- Process the cleaned data using our internal tools
- Work with a team of Video Editors and Producers to create avatars for clients and customers
- Be ready and willing to learn about an emerging technology
- Strong knowledge and experience with Adobe Premiere Pro and Da Vinci Resolve
- Experience with colour grading
- Attention to detail and a keen eye for visual quality
- Good understanding of the technical aspects of video production
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
- Great time management skills as we deliver according to a tight schedule
- Readiness and willingness to learn about an emerging technology
- A passion for video production and an interest in the rapidly developing world of generative AI
- Knowledge of After Effects a bonus
💸 We are generous - you will be compensated fairly
✨ We are mindful - you will have the flexibility to work from home and rest when you need to
💻 We are a tech company - you will have access to all the equipment you need
🎉 We are fun - we do company off-sites, team dinners, and other social activities
📈 We want you to grow - you will be joining a bunch of exceptional professionals who will help you shape the career you are dreaming of